Recently, one of the most popular Fortnite players in the world, Truner “Tfue” Tenny filed a lawsuit against FaZe Clan. For those who don’t know, FaZe Clan is the very organization Tfue has been a part of since April 2018. The player has basically claimed that his organization is not paying him his share of the sponsorship money. And now, after seeing that the Esports community is bothered with these claims, FaZe has finally decided to respond to Tfue’s allegations.
FaZe Clan’s Response
On Twitter, FaZe posted a statement where they decided to tell their side of the story. According to the organization, they have not collected any tournament winnings, Twitch revenue, YouTube revenue, or any revenue that was generated from social platforms. In addition to this, they further claimed that while Tfue made millions as being a member of FaZe Clan, they only collected $60,000 from their partnership.
FaZe Clan’s response to today’s press article regarding Tfue: pic.twitter.com/eVdRVMnRpl
— FaZe Clan (@FaZeClan) May 20, 2019
To clear things up, FaZe even decided to confirm that while their contracts are different with every player, all of them have to give only 20% of the tournament winnings and content revenue to FaZe Clan. The remaining 80% goes straight to the player. However, FaZe Clan has not collected any of these from Tfue. Meanwhile, Tfue’s lawsuit claims that his contract allowed the organization to take around 80 percent of the sponsorship earnings.
In addition to this, the lawsuit also focuses on allegations that FaZe prevented Tfue from getting a sponsorship deal from HyperX. Although HyperX is a direct competitor to FaZe’s official sponsor SteelSeries, this allegation still doesn’t add up as the organization always lets its CS:GO team use whatever equipment they want to. In other words, they have never really cared about the brand of the equipment.
Cloak Defends Ricky Banks
Tfue’s teammate Dennis “Cloak” Lepore also released a statement on Twitter after the lawsuit. In his statement, Cloak defended FaZe Clan’s owner “Ricky Banks” by claiming that he has always shown love and appreciation towards every player and that no one should blame him for what is currently going on. In addition to this, Cloak also advised people to wait for Tfue’s statement before jumping to conclusions.
— cloakzy (@cloakzy) May 20, 2019
For those who don’t know, Tfue and Cloak have known each other for years and they started playing together when Cloak was added to FaZe’s Fortnite roster. The two have since then played some amazing matches and have helped their team with winning various tournaments. Cloak even claimed that Tfue is going to remain his duo partner and the two are going to win the Fortnite World Cup together.
At the moment, all we can do is wait for Tfue’s statement regarding this issue. Many fans are currently eagerly waiting to see what the Fortnite pro is going to say after FaZe’s statement. Lets just hope that things get sorted out in a professional manner without any other issues.